How OUPS PayPlan works
OUPS PayPlan is available on some of our events as a way to help our attendees spread the cost over six months rather than having to pay all at once.
We offer all available residential options for events booked using this scheme, along with the usual membership discount if you are a member when you download your form.
The total amount is split into six payments, with the first one being larger than the others (e.g. the plan for a total of £310 would be £60 then five payments of £50).
You must meet two conditions to use OUPS PayPlan:
- You must be registered on the OUPS website to use OUPS PayPlan so that we can link your booking with your payments;
- You must have a bank account that can issue Standing Orders.
First Payment Date
Each plan starts on a First Payment Date on which the first payment is due.
- You cannot join the plan after that date - any applications made after this date will be rejected.
- You must therefore ensure that your bank has set up the standing order before the First Payment Date of the plan you are joining. The form you download will have all of the information they need except for your bank account details which you must add.
- Your first payment confirms that you accept our OUPS Terms & Conditions and your place on the event concerned is fully booked when we receive it. We cannot confirm your place before we have received this payment (e.g. at the time you set up the Standing Order).
- The final payment will be made on the first working day on or after the 1st of the month before the event.
How to join a plan
You do not need to make a booking on the website, just log in, download the relevant form and use it to set up the standing order with your bank as described below.
Step 1: Download a form
When an event for which OUPS PayPlan is available has been opened for bookings you will see a section called "OUPS PayPlan" on the event page with a link that you can click to download the application form. If you do not see this link then OUPS PayPlan is not available for that event. This may be because the First Payment Date for the payment plan has already passed.
Download the form and use it to set up a Standing Order with your bank as described below.
Step 2: Use the form to set up a Standing Order with your bank
When you have downloaded an application form you can either fill it in and send it to your bank, or if your bank provides online banking you can use the details on the form to set up a Standing Order online. If you do this it is critical that you use the unique reference code that appears on the form we send you, otherwise we will not be able to identify your payments.
You must instruct your bank to set up the standing order on time for the first payment to be made. Most UK banks require anything up to ten working days from the day they receive your instruction before the standing order is in place.
If you need to cancel
Events booked using OUPS PayPlan are subject to the same terms and conditions as those paid for in any other way that we offer (see here for details), with any refunds due to cancellation credited to your bank account.
- your OUPS website username
- the unique reference code on your Standing Order and
- the account name, account number and sort code of the bank account you used to pay for the OUPS PayPlan.
We will refund your payments subject to the standard OUPS Terms & Conditions and will endeavour to complete all such refunds in no more than ten working days.
For a weekend event costing £290 from 3rd-5th September, the First Payment Date is 1st March:
- The initial payment of £50.00 is due on the first working day after 1st March: your Standing Order must be in place by this date
- Five subsequent payments of £48.00 will be made on the first working day after 1st April, 1st May, 1st June, 1st July and 1st August
- If you cancel on or before the 8th March we will return your initial payment of £50.00
- If you cancel after the 8th March and on or before the 5th of August we will return the payments you've made less a £25.00 administration fee
- If you cancel after the 5th of August we will have paid for your place and so you will not receive any refund
If we need to cancel
Each OUPS PayPlan runs for six months so that we can help spread the cost across a worthwhile period.
However the disadvantage of such an extended period before the event is that we may have to change our plans due to circumstances beyond our control.
If we need to cancel the event you are saving for we will refund your payments at no cost to you subject to the standard OUPS Terms & Conditions.
The OUPS Trustees have obtained confirmation (June 6th 2017) from the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) that the OUPS PayPlan scheme is exempt from FCA authorisation because:
- All our payment plans run for less than 12 months with fewer than 12 instalments;
- We do not operate with the primary business purpose of selling financial services;
- We only offer agreements for fixed amounts;
- We do not charge interest or admin fees for using OUPS PayPlan other than to cover cancellation costs.
See Instalment credit agreements: consumer credit firms for further details.