The role of the OUPS Books Officer is to:
- Liaise with publishers to ensure a good supply of a wide range of relevant books are available for purchase by our members at Weekend Conferences and Events.
- Liaise with Conference Organisers to ensure copies of speakers books are on sale, in particular their latest publications.(speakers often have a supply)
- Negotiate the best discount available from publishers on books ordered and ensure all books are ordered on a sale or return basis.
- Receive and review literature from publishers concerning books of interest.
- Ensure prompt payment of monies received from book sales to the National Treasurer or pay them directly into the OUPS bank account, keeping accurate records of the same.
- Ensure prompt return of unsold books and negotiate the refund due. (Most publishers wish to give a credit note. Due to the infrequency of our orders we always seek a cash refund so funds are not tied up in stock.)
- Keep books not suitable for return to be sold at future events.