The role of the OUPS Regional Representative involves the following:
- Ensure liaison between Regional Committees and the Executive, keeping the Executive informed of all Regional Committees and stimulate/support regional events.
- Appoint (with agreement of the Executive) an acting Regional Representative for any Region that does not have a Regional Committee.
- Supply and update as necessary, Regional Information Packages to Regional Representatives.
- Maintain a national calendar of Regional and National events and ensure that details of such events are known to the Newsletter Editor at appropriate times.
- Supply a report to the Executive of all current events and activities. In the absence of a Regional Representative or deputy at the Executive meeting to provide a report for that region.
- Maintain an up to date list of Regional Committee members and inform the Society of any changes of Regional Representative.
- Report regularly to Executive Meetings.
- Maintain and update the Constitution, Policies and Practices document in association with the Chairperson and other interested parties.